Blather is a speech recognizer that will run commands when a user speaks preset sentences.
- gstreamer (and what ever plugin has pocket sphinx support)
- pyside (only required for the Qt based UI)
- pygtk (only required for the Gtk based UI)
- move commands.tmp to ~/.config/blather/commands and fill the file with sentences and command to run
- Run Blather.py, this will generate ~/.config/blather/sentences.corpus based on sentences in the 'commands' file
- quit blather (there is a good chance it will just segfault)
- go to http://www.speech.cs.cmu.edu/tools/lmtool-new.html and upload the sentences.corpus file
- download the resulting XXXX.lm file to the ~/.config/blather/language directory and rename to file to 'lm'
- download the resulting XXXX.dic file to the ~/.config/blather/language directory and rename to file to 'dic'
- for Qt GUI, run Blather.py -i q
- for Gtk GUI, run Blather.py -i g
- to start a UI in 'continuous' listen mode, use the -c flag
once the sentences.corpus file has been created, run the language_updater.sh script to automate the process of creating and downloading language files.
To run blather with the GTK UI and start in continuous listen mode:
./Blather.py -i g -c